Monday, June 10, 2013

Afterthought: CRAP! I gotta blog that!

I really think if I would blog every day or two, that I would do better.  I don't know how many times in the last week I've eaten crap "in the moment" and completely forgotten about my vow of accountability/visibility.  Well, here it is... 

Wednesday into Thursday
(Fasted all of Wed til 1am Thur)
1am Salmon, veggies
Kind bar
Pear
Greek Yogurt w/berries/almonds

Thursday
7am Leftover pecan pancakes, eggs**
Kind bar, Protein Shake (pre-workout)
6pm Omelette, toast (before work)
Pear
1am Bbq pork calzone (at work)
Greek yogurt w/berries, almonds

Friday
7am Bacon Egg Cheese biscuit, cinnamon melts (yes, McDonald's)**
6pm Turkey sandwich
Pear
11pm Salad
Banana bread

Saturday
8am WG English muffin/PB/Agave, protein milk
1pm Arbys Turkey Ranch Bacon sandwich, two cheese sticks
Steve's mom's homemade Apple cake... holy crap amazing (2.5 pieces)
Steve's 20-year Reunion:
Strawberry Shortcake Vodka
"Down-On-One-Knee" wow
7pm? Pulled pork
Pasta salad
Cheese ball, crackers
Cupcakes (I was drunk, lost count of how many. At least 3).

Sunday
8am Clif bar, banana, chocolate milk (pre-workout)
2pm Sushi
Banana bread
Fasting 3pm - still going...

Ok, so I learned some more this week. I need to tell about those pancakes. I definitely did not eat enough after my 26-hour fast. Even though I snack every few hours or so at work that night/morning, I was STAAAAAARRRRVING by the time I got off work at 7am.  It didn't help that probably around 3am I thought of the Le Peep leftover pecan pancakes that were sitting in my fridge!  I think I drove 55mph home on Pennsylvania Ave. I grabbed the pancakes out of the fridge, ripped the lid off and threw them in the microwave, scrambled two eggs in like 30 seconds, and couldn't get the syrup (all-natural at least) into the microwave fast enough.  Poured my OJ, and by 7:15 was going to town on those fabulous flapjacks! They were still even a little cold. I didn't care.  If anyone had seen me or videotaped the incident, I would ... I don't know, it would have been hilarious!  Thank God Steve wasn't awake to witness it. It may not have been safe for anyone to be in that kitchen. Ok....we don't mention this ever again.

The next morning when I got off work at 7am was not much better actually.  I knew we were out of eggs (see story above). And again I was STARVING, so I passed my road and proceeded to Arby's.  Even checking out their breakfast menu on the way there so I could order immediately upon arrival at the window.  Apparently the Arbys at 96th & Meridian does not serve breakfast!  Accross the road to McDonald's, knowing I would not be able to resist the Cinnamon Melts.  Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit it is. How often do I eat Mickey-D's breakfast? Not very.  Sold.  Ate half the melts on the way home, dripping that amazing cinnamon-laden icing on my shirt in the process.  Rediculous.  

And then there was the trip to Rensselaer for the reunion. Anytime we go to his parents' house there are (usually homemade) goodies.  The apple cake was totally worth it.  Yes, all two-and-a-half pieces.  The reunion speaks for itself, except the Down On One Knees.  Holy Crap.  So I've been hearing about this drink for almost 4 years now.  Four alcohols (Everclear and whiskey I know....not sure what else) and four juices.  Tastes like Tang.  DANGEROUS! Knowing what I knew already from stories I've heard, I knew to take it easy (and I have a decent tolerance thanks to my love of Tequila). I had only had one glass so far of my vodka/7-up, so I only asked for a half a glass of DOOK. I was about halfway done with my half-glass and it hit me.  What in the world is in this stuff!  By the end of the night I had another 3/4-full glass, and drank about half my bottle of vodka.  I was feeling pretty good...a little too good for having to teach BodyCombat/CX the next morning. Got to his mom's at @ 2am, slept til 7am, and the majority of the 1.5-hour drive home the next morning. He dropped me off at Gold's Gym at 9:30am, and since class wasn't til 10:30am, I rolled up a mat as a pillow, set my alarm, and slept on the stage til 10am. Made it through tho!  I actually felt pretty damn during class...considering.... lol

So yes, I'm on another 24-hour fast today. Since 3pm yesterday, but will probably keep going until dinner at 6pm.  Feeling pretty good.

So, what I learned.  On my long shift work days, I MUST eat an actual meal before work, and during my shift (instead of just snacks).  I need to skip having a meal at the  typical lunch-time at home, and have my three meals be my 6pm  "Breakfast", 12am "Dinner", and 7am "Dinner/Breakfast" . I will also eat a 3pm pre-workout snack when I wake up.   

I also learned that I need to NOT forget that I'm going to blog everything I eat!  So my goal is to blog every 1-2 days.  if nothing else, I will post my food log, and write more when I have more time.    

Thanks all!  Feel free to comment. I can take it. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I been following a few posts, but I am still confused about your schedule and the rules of your diet, exercise and goals. Hopefully you can dedicate a post to these items so that we can understand better what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the people that I know read it already know about my situation, so I guess I just never went into much detail. I will work on a post going into more depth on those topics, thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete