Saturday, June 29, 2013

We're just gonna start over...

Goodies at work...tailgaiting at Jimmy Buffett...steak & shake at 1am... pool party get together at the house... candy pizza (twice), lots of margarita.  Yeah. Um... didn't write it down, and I'm not going to even try. I enjoyed it. It's over. Moving on!

I do realize at least though that, even as much as I enjoy my splurging during special occasions, it does physically make me feel like crap afterwards.  Bloated, constipated ... just crappy.  We all know the feeling. But it does help me during those non-special-occasion moments where I want something junky just because it sounds good, but have no way of justifying it.  I remind me self of that yucky feeling and know the regret that comes after a moment of weakness.  I have to decide if it's worth it or not.  And usually it's not. If it is worth it, great! Enjoy! Move on. 

I'm getting better though.  Even during those special occasions, I still don't do as bad as I used to. Still maybe worse than other people, yes. But I'm not other people, I'm me. 

Back at work tonight, and as much as I wanted to do a fast, I know that I cannot do that while I work. Mentally, it's just not happening. Fasts should be enjoyable (if you don't fast or understand the reasoning behind fasting, that probably sounds crazy to you, I know!), and if you struggle to make it thru your fast, and if feels like torture or punishment, then it's best to not fast. 

One more week and we leave for Kentucky to see my family and my little boy!  He doesn't sound like he is missing me too bad yet. :/ Glad he is having a good time tho!

Ok, time to study BodyPump. Have a great weekend all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment